Rossville Christian Academy exists to lead students to keep God first, treat all with dignity and respect, and to develop a strong work ethic in a safe, nurturing and educationally conducive environment.
Rossville Christian Academy aspires to produce successful, well-rounded leaders who will serve in a secular world according to Christian principles.
Located in the small community of Rossville, Tennessee, in the southwestern corner of Fayette County, Rossville Christian Academy is a small, independent school currently serving approximately 300 students from grades Jr. Kindergarten through 12th grade. Our Student Ministries program coordinates mission opportunities throughout the year, and Chapel Services are a regular part of the school’s weekly activities, from the elementary grades through high school. As you can see by our Mission and Vision Statements, we strive to prepare students, not only for college, but for life.
Since 1969, Rossville Christian Academy has been serving families in Fayette County, Shelby County and North Mississippi, who desire a quality education for their children based on a Christian worldview. Keeping in mind these Christian principles, community service demonstrating God’s love for others is an integral part of student life at Rossville Christian Academy. With a focus on college preparatory coursework, the school is fully accredited through AdvancED, the parent accreditation division of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and is a member of the Tennessee Association of Independent Schools (TAIS) and the Memphis Association of Independent Schools (MAIS).
Our curriculum is based on rigorous academic standards centered on teaching with a Biblical worldview. In addition to standard classes, at the high school level, we also offer Honors, Advanced Placement, and Dual Enrollment courses. All students take Bible classes, and every high school student must take an ACT Prep course. Students are required to earn a minimum of 23 credits in order to graduate.
Are you ready to #jointhepack?
At Rossville Christian Academy, we prepare students to be well-rounded leaders with Christian values.
A Christ Centered Education
Since its founding in 1969, Rossville Christian Academy had as its central focus giving students of the surrounding area the best possible CHRISTIAN BASED education. RCA seeks to provide not only the academic tools, but the life skills, necessary for graduates to pursue their dreams and successfully reach their goals. Emphasis is placed on the purpose of bringing glory to GOD in all that we do.
Our Statement of Faith
Rossville Christian Academy is a non-denominational co-educational school, which adheres to those doctrines which are central to orthodox Christianity. It is for this reason at the Board of Directors, administration, faculty and staff of Rossville Christian Academy affirms the following statement of faith:
• The Holy Bible, composed of the Old and New Testaments, is the word of GOD and the final and supreme authority for faith and life. It is the inspired word of GOD and is without error in the original writings;
• In GOD the Father, GOD the Son and GOD the Holy Spirit, this Trinity being one GOD eternally existing in three persons;
• In the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, meaning that He was born of the virgin Mary and begotten of the Holy Spirit;
• The origin of man was the direct act of Divine creation as related in the book of Genesis; that he was created in the image of GOD; that he sinned and thereby incurred physical and spiritual death;
• All human beings are born with a sinful nature and are in need of a Savior for their reconciliation to GOD;
• The Lord Jesus Christ is the only Savior for sinners, He was crucified for sins, according to the Scriptures, as a voluntary representative and substitutionary sacrifice for all who repent of sin and believe in Him. They are justified on the grounds of His shed blood;
• In the resurrection of the crucified body of Jesus, in His ascension into Heaven and in “the blessed hope,” the personal return to this earth of Jesus Christ, and He shall reign forever.
• In the resurrection of all persons, the judgment to come, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
FAITH RELATED ACTIVITIES ON CAMPUS
Learning from The Word: At RCA, Bible classes are an integral part of the curriculum from elementary through high school. Elementary students have Bible class woven into their daily studies. At the middle school level, a daily Bible class is part of each student’s schedule. The seventh grade course centers on the application of Biblical wisdom in making choices; the eighth grade course is a survey of both the Old and New Testaments. High school students are required to graduate with a minimum of one Bible credit (those graduating in 2020 and after are required to have two credits). High school Bible courses include Biblical Foundations, Christian Worldview, Apologetics, and The Gospel and Contemporary Issues.
Teaching from a Christian World View: The Board and Administration of RCA encourage the faculty to emphasize a Christian worldview in every course that is taught. Teachers seek to demonstrate how GOD’S truth, purpose, and plan relate to the subject matter they are teaching.
Regular Chapel Participation: The student body and faculty attend weekly chapel services that include worship through music and the preaching of God’s Word. Also, RCA has a “Spiritual Emphasis Week” each spring; chapel is held daily and students are invited to know and pursue God personally.
Devotions & Pledge of Allegiance: A student-led devotion, prayer, and the Pledge of Allegiance are conducted each morning.
Service: Students are given many opportunities throughout the year to put their faith into action by serving others. Classes, clubs, and honor societies all organize projects that serve our community locally and even globally. From raising money for LeBonheur Children’s Hospital and Life Choices Memphis, to blood, food, and toy drives for those in need, to landscape clean up, RCA strives to serve others by showing them the love of Christ in tangible ways.